Our sixth symposium will be held on 8-9 December 2020.
One Health Aotearoa’s symposia aim to bring together experts from the fields of animal, human and environmental health in order to address important One Health issues in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
In 2020, the symposium will be held at a series of venues around the country connected together online via Zoom. Delegates may also choose to attend the event online if they are unable to travel.
Symposium themes for 2020
Sessions at the sixth One Health Aotearoa Symposium will cover:
- COVID-19 and other emerging infectious diseases: Clinical research and diagnostics
- COVID-19 and other emerging infectious diseases: Microbiology and immune response
- COVID-19 and other emerging infectious diseases: Epidemiology and public health response
- Environmental and water health
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Endemic zoonotic diseases
- Mātauranga Māori and mahinga kai
Call for abstract submissions closes on 21 August 2020
Abstract submissions for presentations which fit into our symposium themes are invited by the closing date of Friday 21 August 2020.
Abstracts are accepted from One Health researchers at any career stage, including emerging researchers and postgraduate students.